Looking to change your name, address, photo and DOB (Date of Birth) in PAN Card, then below you will get step by step procedure to correct the changes online and offline.
Important points before changing PAN Card Name, Address and Photo:
Changes can only be made in your PAN card name, address and photograph only if it is allotted to you.
For the Pan card name change or Pan card address change, request pan card change form is needed to be filled and submitted carefully.
PAN Card with new name, address and photograph will be allotted to you but with same PAN number which is record in Income Tax Department.
Also Read:: Pan Card Verification
There are two ways to change Name, Address and photo of your PAN card.
- Online Process
- Offline Process
Online process to change Name, Address and Photo in PAN Card
Please take in note that filling application and fees can be done online. Required documents with application form need to be submitted at NSDL office.
1. Visit NSDL official site by clicking on the link here
2. Scroll down to bar, where you find to select the Category of the Applicant.
3.After you select the category, tap select button.
4. Fill all the categories properly.
See that all the * are compulsory fields.
Tick the boxes where ever needed with your appropriate answers.
Enter your existing PAN number in the box of PAN number.
5. For paperless PAN application, you can select Paperless Pan Application.
In paperless application you need to upload photograph, signature and documents.
6. If you do not want paperless pan application, you can select no for it.
7. Now after filling application carefully, click on submit button.
8. Once you have submitted the application form, you will have to pay 107 Rs as fee via Demand draft, credit card, debit card, net banking or cheque. (DD must be in favor of NSDL-PAN payable at Mumbai.
9.For paperless PAN Application, process gets completed here and they receive a Acknowledgement number. And a copy of it on your registered email address.
10. Paste your photograph and signature in the box.
11. Enclose the PAN card application form with required documents in an envelop and subscribe the envelop with heading “ Application for PAN Change Request – Acknowledgement Number”.
12. Send this envelope to NSLD Office.
For more information you can contact their respective offices Contact number at https://nsdl.co.in/contactus.php
Note: Application form should not exceed 15-days after you received your Acknowledgement number.
Also Checkout: How to Know your PAN Card Status Online.
Offline process to change Name, Address and Photo in PAN Card
1. Click here and download the form, fill it in Block letter with black ink.
2. Paste Photos and wherever needed signature it.
3. Enclose the form with documents and Application form of PAN card.
4. And submit it to the nearest PAN card center.
5. Fee payment and document submission along with application form can be done at the PAN center.
Documents required to change pan card name after marriage are:
- Marriage Certificate
- Marriage Invitation Card
- Copy of Husband’s passport
Documents required in all other cases are as follows:
- Publication of name change in official gazette.
- Certificate issued by gazette officer.
- Proof of identity, address and date of birth
- Proof of address in the name of spouse or parents or sibling etc
- Driving license
- Aadhaar card
- Matriculation certificate or Mark sheet of recognised board
- Credit card statement
- School leaving certificate
- Property tax assessment order
- Telephone bill
- Electricity bill
- Rent receipt
- Employers certificate
- Certificate of address
Whereas, both the procedure of name change in pan card, pan address change and change Photo in PAN Card are easy process it depends on you, which you find convenient to follow. To check the status of your PAN Card change request, you can visit >> https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/changemode.html