Pan card is one of the most significant documents for all the Indian citizens in order to deal with some of the transactions online. At the time of applying for new PAN card, you require appending some of your suitable information in the application form. In a while, after some years, if any of your information such as mobile number, address has been modified or if there is any type of changes you require to make on your PAN card, you can do so by using the PAN card correction form.
The PAN card correction form is present on the official website of PAN card or Income Tax so that the people can download and make necessary corrections to your PAN card on the correction form. Making changes to your PAN card is quite important as it might straightforwardly show influence on your Income Tax refund at the time of e-filing Income Tax Returns.
The Income Tax department has given a facility for all its users to make required changes or corrections for your current PAN Card from the official website. For doing that, you require downloading the PAN card correction form and make particular changes and submit the form with necessary documents linked to it. However, this is not very simple process. So, we are here to help you in explaining the method of downloading PAN card correction form from UTI or NSDL website. Before download form you can know your jurisdiction here very easily.
When to Make PAN Card Correction?
You might create some errors in giving right information for your PAN card. If you find any error on your PAN card, right away make them correct and not at all ignore these mistakes. A PAN card requires getting correction or some alterations when you make some of the errors provided below:
- Error in applicant’s name or spelling
- Mistake in applicant’s father’s name
- Mistake in DOB
- If your photo is not clear (click here to change Photo in Pan Card)
- If the signature is not clear
- Discrepancy in printing of PAN number
Method of PAN Card Correction through NSDL website:
Step 1: Primarily, go to the official website of NSDL.
Step 2: You will get an application form wherein you require filling all your necessary details in the given empty fields like:
- Type of application
- Applicant’s name
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Captcha Code
Step 3: Click on the submit button on filling all your information.
Step 4: You require providing your PAN card number and the change or correction that you require making on your current PAN card.
Method of PAN Card Correction through UTI PAN website:
- First of all, go to the official web portal of UTI.
- You can then look at the home page of the web portal with a menu bar.
- Just click on the download tab from the menu bar.
- You can find few alternatives from the dropdown menu.
- You require choosing the alternative that states ‘change request application – CSF form’.
- You will then obtain a new form for PAN Card correction in PDF layout.
- You can then take a print out, download and save the PAN card correction form.
Once you have downloaded the PAN card correction form, just fill it up with exact details and submit your PAN card correction form at any of your closest nodal that is approved by IT department for issuing PAN card.
There will be particular charges for making necessary corrections on your PAN Card. You can pay that fee online through net banking and other alternatives.