The Government of India recently announced that PAN card number should be linked to Aadhaar card before 31st December otherwise it will get invalid. The central government said this statement to widen the biometric identity project. According to the report, people who didn’t link their PAN Card to Aadhaar card will soon deem invalid.
As we all know that PAN card is a mendatory document for any financial transaction more than Rs. 50,000, so all the taxpayers first need to link their PAN card with Aadhar card otherwise, they will face some difficulties. This step is taken to flush out the duplicate PAN card and to stop the fraud in income tax. In 2016, Indian finance minister announced that the Aadhar is compulsory for claiming income tax returns from 1st July 2017. In this article, we will tell you how to link Aadhar card.
If your don’t know your PAN number then click here to Know Your PAN Online.
Steps to link PAN Card to Aadhar:
It is very easy to link PAN card to Aadhar card only you need to follow some steps. Currently, nearly 1.08 billion people have Aadhar card and around 250 million people have PAN card. It is a big deal to connect all the PAN cards with their respective Aadhar card. Previously, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has declared that all the identification cards will be soon replaced by Aadhaar Number and it might become only identity proof that will require in all legal formalities. He also mentioned that the Aadhaar number is compulsory for income tax returns in order to find tax dodging and frauds.
To link your PAN card with the Aadhar card follow following steps:
- Visit the official website of Income Tax Department and login into your account by entering your Log-In ID, Date of Birth and Password.
- After click on the login button, one pop-up window will appear on your screen prompting you to link your PAN card number to Aadhaar.
- If you will not see any pop-up window then go to the profile settings and click on “Link Aadhar” option.
- Now enter on ‘Link Now” button.
- After clicking on Link Now button, you will receive a message “Your PAN card is successfully linked to Aadhaar.”
In 2016, the government has linked the Aadhaar card Number to many government schemes and subsidies. As now, the Aadhaar number is linked with PAN card and bank accounts, it becomes easy for the government to track the income and expenditures of the people and their transactions in their bank accounts.